Transfer iPhone Ringtones
When you have created ringtones on iPhone/iPad/iPod with Ringtone Maker App, you need to transfer the ringtones from iOS devices to computer, then transfer them back to iOS devices through iTunes. Only after the iTunes sync process, your ringtones will appear in your iOS devices' ringtones directory and ready for use.
Transfer/Sync Ringtones through iTunes - Video Guide
Send Ringtones from iOS devices to computer
On your iPhone, Ringtone Maker App provides you different ways to send generated ringtones to computer. You can 1) email yourself with the ringtones files as attachment, upload to your 2) Dropbox account, or make use of the 3) iTunes File Sharing.
Send Ringtones to computer through iTunes File Sharing
Other than transferring ringtones via emails or Dropbox, you can share the ringtones through iTunes File Sharing easily. Here is the steps to do that.
- Step 1. Connect your iPhone to computer via the data cord.
- Step 2. Run iTunes on your computer if it fails to open automatically.
- Step 3. Select your iPhone from the left Devices pane in iTunes. If the sidebar is invisible, go to View and click on Show Sidebar.
- Step 4. Click the Apps tab on the top of the page.
- Step 5. Scroll down to the File Sharing and select our Ringtone Maker from the apps list.
- Step 6. The created ringtones should now be displayed in the right Ringtones Documents pane. Click to select the Ringtone folder, then click Save to… button to export it to your computer hard drive.
Sync Ringtones from computer to iPhone through iTunes
- Step 1. Drag and drop the exported ringtones from your computer to iTunes library.
You can click Tones from your iTunes library, then drag and drop the ringtones there. If you do not see the Tones from the iTunes left sidebar, simply click on the Music and drop ringtones there. Ringtone files will be put under the Tones pane automatically.
- Step 2. Click on your iPhone under the Devices section from iTunes left sidebar.
- Step 3. Click on Tones tab on top of the iTunes page.
- Step 4. Select the Ringtones.
- Step 5. Click Sync/Apply to sync ringtones to iPhone through iTunes.
Enable Ringtone on iPhone
Now you can go to enable the new ringtones on iPhone. Go to Settings >> Sounds >> Ringtone. A list of available ringtones on iPhone will appear with the newly added ringtones at the top. Tap to select and activate a ringtone on iPhone.